Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Scary Times

So just heard from the family that my cousin Teresa is OK. She's in Chengdu China doing the study abroad program. She had just gotten into the town and was walking around in the streets when the earthquake happened.

It's Scary all these earthquakes, Northern Nevada is being tossed around by all the earthquakes that keep happening. I'm scared of them and yet excited about them.

Mathew 24 talks about the signs of the end times, the second coming of Jesus.

Specifically in Mathew 24: 4-8 Says:
Jesus Answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, ' and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains."

We are already seeing all these things happening! It's only a matter of time before Jesus comes again. It's so exciting yet so scary, because it makes me think of all the people in my life that don't know Christ. Every time I feel an earthquake I stop and pray. I pray for my parents, my friends, and all the people who don't know Christ yet.

No comments: