Thursday, June 5, 2008

New Direction - Goals

As I said in my first post, I'm going to be bad at posting. But hopefully I'm going to change that.

So here I am. I'm going to lay out my life for you and all the things that I want to do with this Blog. This will be one accountability source for me.

I'm horrible at disciplining myself, I'm so hypocritical about it too. I'm always the first person to point out other peoples flaws and yet awful at fixing my own. Isn't it wierd? You should pay attention at what goes through your mind when you have something negative about a person going through it, it will most likely be something that you are actually not happy with about yourself and you are comparing yourself with other people trying to build yourself up to not be as bad as that other person.

So here's what I'm bad at discipling myself at:

  1. Faith:
    I often follow the ways of the world. Sometimes I get frustrated too, because people always say I'm this strong woman of God, or something like that. I get so frustrated because I think to myself when they say that, "Well buddy you should have seen how strong I was last night. Then you would think twice about saying that" I want to be that person that those people make me out to be. So my goals for this are:


  2. Health
    I'm diabetic, Type 2. So I'm not insulin dependent and I can monitor it with healthy eating and exercise. Problem is... I'm not. My A1C is 8.7% (it should be below 7%) and I have Kidney damage. I'm 24 years old and I'm apart of obese America. Joy! For the last two years, my excuse for not eating right was because of going to school full time and working 3-4 part time jobs. My excuse for not exercising is because by the end of the day I'm too tired. I'm not going to let that be the case anymore. My Goals for this are:

    • Work Out - I just joined Curves (it's not just for old women!) So monthly I'll update you with where I'm at with it.
    • Start eating healthier- So no more fast food, and eating burgers whenever I eat out.
    • Don't eat out as much- I eat out a lot. It's my way of hanging out with friends, I often feel like I need to eat all of my food and order something with fries (Evil things! They are my downfall).

So there they are, the two areas in my life that I want to be motivated to change. So this is where this blog comes in. Here are the goals for this blog that will hopefully keep me accountable:

  • Daily Update-
    Actually it won't be daily, it will more likely be 5-6 days of the week, because I'm giving myself a sabbath from the internet (most likely Sunday and maybe even Saturday). Here I'll will *Gulp* show how awfully I am by posting my blood sugars. This will help me to see it daily and to actually test my blood sugars. What scriptures I have read for the day, and sometimes my thoughts on it, and a prayer list.

  • Weekly Goals-
    I will post Goals that I want to have set for the week. Things like: how many times I want to go into work out that week, How much money I can spend for the week, and so on.

  • Monthly Goals-
    Here will be goals for where I want to be in my weight and blood sugar levels. Plus any other longerish term goals I may have.

So there you have it. If I miss a post, then I know I've failed. So hopefully I won't. As this blog grows hopefully I'll have readers that will encourage me or be encouraged by it. Because I know I'm not the only one struggling with both of these things.

Thank You for reading and be Blessed!

No comments: