Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Positive Post Tuesday

So here's a story that's quite amazing, at least to me it is. I've known Liz for about 3 years now. In that three years I have experience more life being friends with her than anyone else I know. I've met people I wouldn't have talked to if it wasn't for her, and I've gone places I probably wouldn't have gone too either. She even made me play Murder Ball. She's always been an encouragement to me and she's one of the few people I can talk to about what really is bugging me. Sometimes she's brutally honest but these are things I need in a friend. 

One of the most amazing experience I had with Liz was finding out she was friends with my dad's favorite canto-pop singer. Random! Liz went to Point Loma Nazarene College in San Diego, where she was apart of Boarders for Christ, and met a guy named Ryan Hui

So one random day in 2006 I mentioned to Liz that my dad's favorite singer of all time is coming to Reno, but tickets cost $192! All I had to say was Sam Hui and Liz tells me how she knows his son. 

So after a few myspace messages, we scored 3 tickets to the show free from Ryan. Sadly my parents couldn't make it to the concert, but Liz, my friend Emmelynn and I made our way to the show. We got to go back
stage and meet Sam Hui. 

The next night we went to dinner with Ryan and Candance(his wife). They are so cool and nice. The greatest part? I told Ryan how my dad loves his dad. What does Ryan do? Offer to mail a backstage pass from the Reno show autographed by his dad to my dad! CRAZY! My dad was so stoked by this. 

Best part? They are coming back to Reno this Thanksgiving and my parents are actually going to the concert this time!

Amazing how God works, how me brought Liz into my life, and all the experiences we had together. 

No comments: