Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kung Hei Fat Choi

So today is Chinese New Year. The year will be the Year of the Ox.

So for fun a few friends and I looked up what our Chinese Zodiac said about ourselves and it was scary how close it was to some of us. Here's mine, I'm the year of the Boar. I added a few of my thoughts and comments.

Personality

Occupying the last position in the Chinese Zodiac, the 12th, the Pig symbolizes such character traits as diligence, compassion, and generosity. Pigs enjoy life and because they are entertaining, others enjoy their company. Pigs are giving souls and reap much enjoyment when they’re helping others, but sometimes they give too much. Honesty is what Pigs give and it’s what they expect to receive in return. **This is so me!**

Pigs seek peace and will do what is necessary to maintain it. This trait, while admirable, sometimes makes it easy for others to take advantage of Pigs. Pigs are always doing for others, helping anyway they can, but rarely will they ask others for help. This can overwhelm and stress them, but Pigs don’t mind. **Um. Well Some times I mind. As for the keeping the peace part. I'm told it's very true. I just thought I was being optimistic.**

When it comes to money, Pigs enjoy spending more than saving. They gravitate towards name brand items. Thriftiness happens only occasionally, but Pigs do know how to find great deals. **Guilty as charged. I don't know about the name brand business though. I try to avoid them.**

Health

Always seeking fun, Pigs often indulge more than they should. Excessive eating, drinking and smoking can cause sickness. Pigs aren’t very active and, combined with their excessive behaviors, cause them to gain weight. Pigs are social and being alone makes them unhappy. Pigs would benefit from adopting a healthier lifestyle. **OK now this is getting really scary!**

Career

Pigs enjoy helping at work and can always be counted on. They enjoy opportunities that allow them to express their creativity. Pigs are detail-oriented, a trait admired by management. Pigs aren’t afraid to take on responsibility. Some good career choices for Pigs include: entertainer, caterer, doctor, veterinarian, or interior decorator. They’d do well in retail or hospitality. **SCARY!!**

Relationships

Supportive and giving, Pigs make great partners. They’re affectionate and sexual and prefer staying home to going out. They enjoy what they have, especially their home and family. Once they find the right partner, they’re typically committed for the long-term. **Hmm... That's good to know. I wonder if boars are supposed to be as impatient as I am though?**

Pigs and the 5 elements **(I didn't add all five only added my year on here)**

Water Pigs – Years 1923 and 1983

Water Pigs are trustworthy almost to a fault. Others can easily influence Water Pigs, but Water Pigs are also good at influencing others to get what they want. They’re extremely social and enjoy having a good time. **Yup!**

Compatibility

Pigs are most compatible with a Rabbit or Goat and incompatible with the Monkey and Snake. **Calling all Rabbits and Goats!**
Taken from ChineseZodiac.com

So what your Chinese Zodiac and is it pretty close to who you are?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, now that is creepy! I was reading that and thinking, I must be a boar too! I looked it up and I am. That nailed me on the head except for the inactive part. I do like to indulge in good food, that's for sure, but I do stay somewhat active. I'm rather impressed with how accurate that is. Looks like you and me are a lot alike!